Artificial Lawns and Block Paving in Wakefield
Creating a Garden for Every Season
Based in Slaithwaite, The Groundworks Team has carried out countless landscaping projects and garden designs, both locally and throughout the surrounding areas. We are privileged that people invite us to their homes and trust us to transform their gardens, patios and driveways with unique, fully bespoke designs. We take pride in our ability to deliver stunning results at competitive prices, but we are not satisfied in leaving your outside space looking good for a week or a month, we want it to look great all year round. That is why our driveway specialists and landscapers offer a range of services like garden maintenance and driveway repairs, as well as products like block paving and artificial lawns, that can really make the most of your landscaping project in Wakefield, season after season.
It is relatively easy to create a beautiful garden for the spring and summer months, thanks to an abundance of colourful bedding plants and hanging baskets. Autumn and winter, however, provide a different challenge altogether, even for the most experienced landscapers.
Here are some suggestions for how to create the perfect year-round garden at your home in Wakefield:
- Replace Your Grass – The quality of artificial lawns has come a long way since they first appeared on the scene. While there are still many cheap versions on the market, our landscapers and garden designers only ever use Wonderlawn® products, because their artificial lawns are just as good as the real thing. This creates a low-maintenance alternative to natural grass which also retains its colour and bounce for years.
- Seal Block Paving Patios and Driveways – To protect these hard landscaping elements from weather damage and weed growth, our driveway specialists recommend applying a quality sealant. While this is mostly beneficial for block paving installations, there are many different types of sealants which are suitable for a range of materials and will offer the same amount of protection.
- Choose a Wide Variety of Vegetation – Homeowners in Wakefield often turn to bedding plants for quick and easy garden designs. However, once these flowers die off, they leave behind a rather stark and barren landscape for the remainder of the year. The presence of vibrant artificial lawns can highlight this even more. Planting coniferous or broadleaf evergreens and fruiting shrubs and trees will provide some much-needed colour and intrigue throughout winter.
- Implement Hardscapes – In addition to undertaking a range of block paving tasks, driveway specialists and landscapers like us often install decking, arches, rockeries and more. Such projects add shape and definition to any garden design, whatever the season. The right hardscape provides an excellent backdrop for winter-flowering plants and shrubs like pansies, heather and cyclamen.
- Replace Old Fencing – This is one element of garden design that many homeowners around Wakefield often overlook. Over time, elements like tree roots or wind and weather damage can cause fence panels to warp, discolour and even break. While this may not be an issue during the summer months, when the weather begins to turn, you may start to notice how unsightly old fencing can be. Our landscapers at The Groundworks Team recommend choosing a style that suits the overall look and feel of your garden, whilst making sure it provides the appropriate level of privacy. Whether picket, close-board or hedge, the right type of fencing can perfectly frame block paving projects, artificial lawns and ornamental shrubs.